Tuesday 16 February 2010

first blog - thanks cheggers

So this is my first ever blog.

It’s long overdue. I’m told by friends daily that I should write one. I’m not particularly good at concise English so I was reluctant.

Anyway here goes...

as with all new bloggers, I’m unsure of where to start...? Do I tell my non existing audience about my day..? Do I tell you (me) about how much I enjoyed having my brother over to stay..?

Seems like a good place to begin. My brother Nicky is a golf scientist and some sort of personal training guru. Bare in mind he left Liverpool at age 15 in order to per sue a life as a golf pro. Which he did via London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Bremen (had to leave town for getting kicked off German blind date), Hamburg and now Berlin.

He came over to visit me and to kick my ass back in to shape training, which he did. he explained further training and fitness techniques which I had not acquired when preparing my one and only (and completed) attempt at the marathon, the London marathon (round in just over 4 hours April 2009). He is a smart man, he’s happily married with a beautiful and funny baby daughter (5 years) called romy. We nailed a 6 mile run, it was easy. I’m on my way to fitness again...

later in the day I worked on music and worked on circus (my club night) both seem to be taking good shape for 2010. I’m putting the hours in.

Naomi my wonderful ex girlfriend came to my house, we ate some lovely jap food, HELL YEAH. Then I slipped off to Tutt's place 10 mins away for pancakes. Which I delivered in fine style, once I year I eat those greasy little buggers.

Anyone enough of my boring day....

the highlights...

the Brits were, oddly, entertaining. I’m no peter Kaye fan. But after hearing him slay Liam Gallagher’s predictable on stage antics "I’m so rock and roll" (a prick) Peter Kaye cleared up Liam's public display of dated and ill fated rock attitude with three well chosen and accurate words "what a knobhead"... the world agreed.

Later at home I’m was tuning into more twitter action. My latest and arguably greatest twitter friend is Keith Chegwin. If you don’t follow this living institution, do so, as soon as you can. His outlook on life is as refreshing as it free from cynicism. I literally asked him to meet me for a pint.
I then realised given his publically presented booze problem that he probably thought I was taking the piss... I wasn’t! He’s so funny. Intelligence is knowing yourself as well as knowing about life and its procedures and facts and history and la la la la. Being yourself is where it’s at. Pretending to be and not being yourself, nothing worse. Most people will never grasp this concept, which is why I literally admire cheggers. He is himself, or seems to be, which is why I asked to meet him, to find out more...

I was talking to a friend earlier about our mutual appreciation of cheggers. She realised that he probably thinks I’m a stalker, which of course I’m not, but them I quickly realised that I am actually talking about him, contacting him and hoping to meet him and "be his friend".... can’t see why I’m not a stalker..?

Come to think of it. Has cheggers ever had a stalker..? Would he want one....? Could we set up some
sort of cheggers stalker idol...? "cheggers plays POP idol"..?

I think I’ve made myself clear. Anyway. cheg pants. If you want a new mate. I’m your man.

So... that’s my first blog.

I would have never begun if it wasn’t for cheggers...?

Is that my first book title...?

YZ




1 comment: